According to the Center for Disease Control, the risk of transmitting COVID at a physically-distanced, outdoor event is low. While many of the events will be self-led or online this year, some will be in person. To support community health, in-person event organizers for Bike Month have agreed to adhere to the following safety protocols:
- Asking participants not to attend if they are experiencing any the following symptoms: fever, problems breathing, coughing.
- Asking participants not to attend if they have been in contact with anyone experiencing the above symptoms or who has been diagnosed positive for COVID-19.
- Announcing (by voice or with signs) that physical distancing of 6’ or greater is expected.
- Announcing (by voice or with signs) that masks are recommended at all times and required anytime physical distancing is not possible.
- Having extra masks and hand sanitizer available in case they are needed during the event.